Regional Landcare Facilitators are part of a national network of skilled people that link, and support, community Landcare and production groups participating in sustainable farm and land management practices.
How the Regional Landcare Facilitators (RLF) can help
The RLF aims to support and build the capacity of these groups, to help them implement sustainable land management suited to their businesses and their area. This can be through:
- assistance with group facilitation and planning
- assistance with governance issues
- assistance in implementing improved project management & administration practices
- sourcing information on particular NRM/sustainable pastoralism issues
- providing avenues to source funding and other support
- providing advice, assistance and feedback on funding applications
- providing cash support for groups to undertake workshops/seminars/field days, on-station demonstration sites and development of publications
- providing support for individual community members to attend conferences, events or training activities
- contact and support for groups and individuals.
They provide an interface between regional bodies, industry groups, R&D organisations and provide feedback to the Australian Government and National Landcare Facilitator Network on emerging issues and current attitudes and activities in their NRM region.
If you have any thoughts on how Rangelands NRM WA Landcare can help your group, please get in touch with Regional Landcare Facilitator Kane Watson