Rangelands WA provides a wide range of opportunities for organisations who want to connect with local communities, NRM professionals and Government organisations.
We have a growing membership of NRM focused individuals and grass-roots networks throughout the region.
A number of opportunities exist at a local and regional level. For further information about possible partnership opportunities please contact Rangelands WA on 08 9485 8930.
Rangelands WA offer numerous benefits to partners including:
- Achieves cost effective, on-ground outcomes across a large diverse area.
- Develops and enhances relationships with the Region’s community to identify NRM priorities at a grass roots level.
- By working closely with funders Rangelands WA are able to identify and capitalise on NRM funding opportunities.
- Provides a ‘conduit’ for development and a ‘voice’ for local community.
- Dedicates resources to projects based on NRM importance at a ‘whole of region’ level whilst targeting key strategic NRM in iconic areas.
- Provides marketing communications resources and expertise to maximise project exposure and the communication of positive outcomes.
- Foster partnerships with other organisations to achieve multiple project objectives and rich learning outcomes that can be transposed across different areas of the rangelands capitalising on knowledge management.
- A practical and balanced staffing structure which utilises experienced, skilled staff across numerous complex projects throughout the region.
State Government Agencies
- State NRM Office
- Department of Agriculture and Food Western Australia (DAFWA)
- Department of Parks and Wildlife (DPaW)
- Department of Fisheries (DOF)
- Department of Water (DOW)
- Department of Planning (DP)
- Department of Indigenous Affairs (DIA)
- Regional Development and Lands (RDL)
- Western Australian Local Government Association (WALGA)
Community Groups and Industry Bodies
There are key ‘Reference Groups’ for each region that we operate in:
- Ord Land and Water (East Kimberley)
- West Kimberley Reference Group
- Pilbara Reference Group
- Gascoyne Catchment Group
- Murchison Land Care District Committee (LCDC)
We also work with the following LCDCs and other community groups including:
- Upper Gascoyne Land Care District Committee (LCDC)
- Lyndon Land Care District Committee (LCDC)
- Cue Land Care District Committee (LCDC)
- DeGrey Land Care District Committee (LCDC)
- Mid-west Sustainable Pastoral Group (Murchison & Yalgoo)
- Rangelands Fibre and Produce Association (Mt Magnet & Cue)
- Lake Argyle Rubber Vine Advisory Committee
- West Kimberley Rubber Vine Steering Committee
- Kimberley Rangelands Biosecurity Association
Research and Development Institutions
- Juluwarlu Groups Aboriginal Corporation (JAC) - Ngurrawaana Rangers
- Kimberley Land Council (KLC) - Land and Sea Unit
- Aboriginal Ranger Groups
- Kimberley Aboriginal Law and Culture Centre (KALACC)
- Kimberley Language Resource Centre (KLRC)
- Gumala Aboriginal Corporation
- Yawoorroong Miriuwung Gajerrong Yirrgeb Noong Dawang Aboriginal Corporation (MG Corp)
- Nyamba Buru Yawuru
- Yamatji Marlpa Aboriginal Corporation (YMAC)
- Kanyirninpa Jukurrpa (KJ)
- Central Desert Native Title Service (CDNTS)
- Pila Nguru Aboriginal Corporation
Private Industry Organisations